Sabah Wetlands Conservation Society (SWCS) will be organizing the ‘2nd International Symposium on Conservation and Management of Wetlands (ISCMW 2016)’ on 27th – 28th September 2016 at The Palace Hotel, Kota Kinabalu. This symposium is made possible by supports from the Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Environment Sabah, Japanese International Cooperation Agency-Sustainable Development for Biodiversity and Ecosystems Conservation Project in Sabah (JICA-SDBEC) and World Wide Fund (WWF-Malaysia).
The theme for ISCMW 2016 is Wetlands: Connectivity, Corridors and Catchments. This symposium will act as a platform for discussion, information sharing and creating awareness among the various stakeholders on wetlands conservation.
The objectives of the symposium are:
- To understand the scientific basis of the management and conservation of wetlands.
- To identify new and innovative ways of conserving wetlands.
- To highlight the importance of local stakeholders’ involvement/participation in conservation and management of wetlands.
Registration Form can be downloaded in the website or click here. Please fill in the form and submit to the secretariat on or before 31st August 2016.
You can submit the form via:
- Email : email@example.com
- Fax: 6088 – 247955
- By hand : Kota Kinabalu Wetlands Office, off Jalan Bukit Bendera Upper, Likas, 88400 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah