In conjunction of World Wetlands Day 2016, Sabah Wetlands Conservation Society (SWCS) is organising the annual World Wetlands Day 2016, which will be held on 27 February 2016, 7.30am – 2.30pm, at Kota Kinabalu Wetlands. This environmental event aims to raise awareness on the importance of wetlands for our future, whilst promoting a healthy lifestyle by organising the 2KM Walk-N-Plant-A-Thon (walk-a-thon) into the mangrove forest. Among the activities that will be held are;
- World Wetlands Day Launching Ceremony
- Kota Kinabalu Wetlands Open Day (public)
- Mangrove Challenge (students)
- A book launching of “A Guide to the Plants of Kota Kinabalu Wetlands”
- Registration for KK Wetlands Voluntary Guardian
The registration form can be downloaded here.
Please read the terms and conditions before registering.
For more info, please follow and like our Facebook page for The National Level World Wetlands Day 2016, where we share all the photos of 2KM Walk-N-Plant-A-Thon and Official Ceremony during the event. Feel free to tag & share to your friends!